A Virtual Reality is used to treat the fear of flying in the protected environment of the consulting room. This technique is more effective than exposure to real stimulus.
The treatment with the PSIOUS Virtual Reality Headsetshows scenarios which have been specifically designed in a sequence that recreates the situation feared by the patient. Through this technique, Dr. Plá can regulate exposure according to the reactions of the patient, get a biofeedback of pulsations and breathing, interact verbally and adjust or add stimuli to the virtual environment as needed.
This tool has been developed by psychologists and engineers and is clinically effective in the treatment of anxiety and/or the fear of flying.
Advantages of Virtual Reality
- The treatment is individual.
- It allows for a gradual and controlled exposure in a protected and safe environment.
- Feared scenes can be repeated as many times as necessary.
- The patient can visualize his or her progress throughout the session.
- It eliminates the risks of potential physical damage.
- It creates the possibility to manage the scenarios and stimuli in ways which are not possible in the real world.
- The treatment takes place in the consulting room of the therapist, ensuring confidentiality.
BOOK YOUR VIRTUAL REALITY APPOINTMENT WITH DR. CLAUDIO PLA
More than 20 years of studies show the effectiveness of Virtual Reality in the treatment of fears and anxiety, with better results than the therapies that are based on the imagination. Interactive and immersive environments allow the patients to be the protagonists of the therapy, reduce their resistance, increase their trust, and lose their fear of flying.
The Virtual Reality experience is included in all face-to-face courses.See the courses
|Who is Poder Volar for?|
|People who have never flown and do not trust planes. y tienen desconfianza sobre lo que es volar.|
|People who suffer when they fly: frequent passengers whose fear worsens in every flight. pasajeros frecuentes que empeoran con cada vuelo.|
|Phobic people who avoid flying: they avoid traveling by plane and/or suffer greatly. evitan viajar en avión y/o tienen un alto grado de sufrimiento.|
|• Phobic people with complicated cases: opposed to other psychological or psychiatric treatments, sometimes because they have not proved successful in the past, they are the ones who suffer the most. refractarias a otros tratamientos psicológicos o psiquiátricos o que han fracasado en intentos anteriores, alcanzan el grado más alto de sufrimiento.|